Great Lakes Farms
Banana Applesauce Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Fill muffin pan with paper cup liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, egg, applesauce, sugar and oil. Stir into flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.