Corn Pudding Recipe
Corn & Cheddar Pudding
One of our most requested side dishes when local sweet corn is in season – frozen corn from the garden extends the season!
5 Eggs 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
1 ½ Cups Whipping ( 35%) Cream Pinch Black Pepper
1 Cup Butter milk ( or 2%) ½ tsp salt
1 can ( 14 oz) Cream Style Corn 1 tbsp sugar
Dash Siracha or hot sauce ½ tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Corn Kernals
1 ½ cups Shredded Cheese( I use a mix of Cheddar and Monterey Jack)
Oven preheated to 375’F
Butter & dust with Cornmeal 8 Ramekins or Baking dish
1. In a medium size bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Whisk together eggs in a med- large bowl.
3. Stir in Milk, Cream, Creamed Corn and Hot Sauce
4. Mix in dry ingredients – stir to combine.
5. Fold in corn and cheese – pour into prepared dishes
6. Bake 30 minutes ( 40-50 for single pan) until the top rises slightly, turns golden brown and a knife or skewer inserted in the pudding comes out clean.
7. If using ramekins, let rest for a couple of minutes before turning out onto plates.