Howe Family Farm Market
Makes 6 – 8 servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, whole and/or sliced (1L)
- 1 cup sugar (250mL)
- 1/4cup water (50mL)
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch (45mL)
- 2 Tbsp. cold water (25mL)
- 1 baked pastry shell (9 inch/ 23 cm)
- 2 Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine strawberries, sugar and ¼ cup water in a pot.
- Cook until berries are soft.
- Whisk together cornstarch with 2 Tbsp cold water. Add to berries. Continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- You can add a few sliced raw berries into this mixture to add texture and fresh berry flavour.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.